Steph completed her Honours Degree in Psychology at The University of Melbourne in 2016, and intends to progress to completion of her Masters of Clinical Psychology in 2018. Alongside Psychology, Stephanie is a Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation teacher, teaching from a trauma-informed and body-positive perspective. Her desire for treating individuals suffering from chronic pain, and her deep passion for mindfulness meditation, were sparked in late 2015 when she suffered chronic pain following a cervical disc herniation.
Stephanie believes in a holistic approach to physical and mental well-being, and that true healing involves the instilling of hope, the provision of education and empowerment, and compassionate care.
Areas of Interest:
- Mindful approaches to chronic pain management
- Depression, anxiety, general life dissatisfaction and lack of motivation
- Eating Disorders and body image difficulties
- Somatic approaches to the treatment of trauma
- Bachelor of Science - University of Melbourne
- Honours Research Degree (Psychology) - University of Melbourne
- 200hr Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher - Power Living Australia
- Mental Health First Aid Accredited - Mind Australia
- 20hr Mindfulness Meditation Immersion Course - Anna Davies, Psychologist
- Better Pain Management Program - The Faculty of Pain Medicine (FPM) of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA)
- Eating Disorders Treatment Course - Centre for Excellence in Eating Disorders (CEEDs)
- Healing Trauma Through Yoga - David Emerson, Trauma Centre - Justice Resource Centre